Towards the end of every year, we like to read all sorts of interesting stats about social media. It's astounding how fast things can change in only a single year, and 2019 has a range of surprising social media statistics to reflect on.
This year we've seen how social media use continued to grow around the world, so we’ve collated the best of social media marketing statistics in this article. And it comes as a fantastic resource to help you enhance your social media marketing strategies and plan the engagement of your business.
Hop on to the following categories to see social media marketing statistics that will help you answer the critical questions like - How should we utilize social media in 2019? Which social media platforms should my business invest in?
Ready? Let's go exploring the social media stats! We also have an amazing social media statistics infographic for you ahead.
- Monthly Active Users
- General Marketing Statistics
- Facebook Marketing Statistics
- Twitter Marketing Statistics
- LinkedIn Marketing Statistics
- Pinterest Marketing Statistics
- Instagram Marketing Statistics
- Social Content Statistics
- Downloadable Infographic and PDF
Monthly Active Users
In the digital age, the number of social media users is increasing! Everyone and their connections are increasingly moving online, so why miss out on information your business need to reach them?
Below is a look at the information regarding how many people use social media platforms.
|Social Channel||Monthly Active Users|
|2.27 billion users|
|326 million users|
|1 billion+ users|
|260 million users|
|250+ million users|
|Snapchat||255 million users|
|YouTube||1.9 billion users|
|330+ million users|
|1.5 billion users|
|Flickr||90+ million users|
|1.08 billion users|
|446 million users|
|Telegram||200 million users|
|Viber||260 million users|
|Messenger||1.3 billion users|
Use Statusbrew to bolster your social media marketing strategy and enhance your team's work efficiency.
General Marketing Statistics
Since social media marketing is continually evolving, so should our knowledge as marketers. The following list consists of the general social media business statistics that you don’t want to miss in 2019!
- There are approximately 3.4 billion active social media users worldwide
- The total number of active mobile social media users is almost 3.2 billion which implies more people can access social media on the go
- 90% of social media users try to reach out to brands or retailers
- In the United States, 77% of people own at least one social media profile
- 135 minutes are spent on social media every day by global internet users
- YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat are the most popular social media platforms among teens
- Google is shutting down Google+. The main reason behind this is the security breach, and the low engagement rates - 90% of visits lasted < 5 seconds
Facebook Marketing StatisticsDespite the fact that Facebook remained in headlines due to its information breach scandal this year, it is still the most famous social media platform around the globe due to its renewed focus on meaningful interactions between users.
Let's dive into the Facebook statistics and find out, what are the numbers showing?
- Facebook is the most popular search query worldwide
- It continues to be the most famous social network with 2.23 billion monthly active users as of October 2018
- Of all the internet users, 83% of Women & 75% of Men are Facebook adopters
- Users spend an average of 35 minutes of the day on Facebook
- There are 155 friends of an average Facebook user
- There exist more than 70 million businesses that own a Facebook page
- More than 20 million out of those 70 million businesses use Messenger to communicate with their customers
- Facebook has more than 5 million advertisers as of 2017
- 95.8% of social media marketers believe Facebook produces the best ROI
- On Facebook, 42% of customer service responses happen in first 60 minutes
- 100 million hours of video is watched by Facebook users alone each day
- Whereas, 85% of the Facebook video is watched without sound
- Additionally, One in 5 videos is a live broadcast on Facebook
- Tuesday is the worst day to post on Facebook, whereas weekends get the highest level of engagement
- Facebook-owned apps WhatsApp and Messenger both grew more than twice as fast as their parent company, with users up 30% year-over-year
- Facebook has disabled almost 1.3 billion fake accounts in 2018
Twitter Marketing Statistics
Ever since its inception, Twitter has been clocking up some impressive numbers. There are countless interesting Twitter stats, facts and figures out there on the internet, so we’ve gathered the very best for your understanding of how Twitter can help your brand grow.
- As of quarter 3 of 2018, Twitter has 326 million monthly active users
- Twitter lost 9 million users in Quarter 3 of 2018
- Users spend an average of 1 minute of the day on Twitter
- 80% of Twitter users access the network on mobile platforms
- 74% of Twitter users say that they utilize the network to get their news
- 80% of people on Twitter are affluent millennials
- 70% of Twitter users are interested in retail
- 85% of SMB Twitter users say Twitter is essential for customer service.
- 93% of Twitter users who follow SMBs plan to purchase from them
- 93% of Twitter video views happen on mobile devices
- 77% of Twitter users feel confident about a brand when their Tweet has been replied to
- 78% of people conveying complains to brands via Twitter expect a response in an hour
LinkedIn Marketing Statistics
LinkedIn is a popular platform among brands wanting to reach a professional audience. It is no more a platform to just post your resume and get a job! Social media statistics show that LinkedIn is now the dominant social media platform for content marketing, lead generation, and to build, consolidate and maintain the business connections.
Here's a list of interesting statistics that show why LinkedIn is a fantastic platform for businesses.
- LinkedIn has a total of 630 million members in over 200 countries and territories
- There are more than 20 million open jobs on LinkedIn Jobs
- Above 70% of LinkedIn users are outside of the United States of America
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content
- 17 minutes is the time that an average LinkedIn user spends on the site per month
- Of all the internet users, 28% of male & 27% of female use LinkedIn
- Brazil, Great Britain, and Canada have the highest number of LinkedIn users after the United States of America
- 46% of social media traffic to your website is coming from LinkedIn
- There are 70 million monthly active LinkedIn Slideshare users
Pinterest Marketing Statistics
- According to Pinterest, there are over 250 million monthly active Pinterest users
- There are now more than 3 billion total boards on Pinterest
- Nearly 2 million Pinterest users save Shopping "Pins" on their boards daily
- Half of the millennials use Pinterest every single month, according to a report by Pinterest
- 98% of Pinners go out and try ideas they find on Pinterest
- Two-thirds of today’s pins come from brands or businesses
- And people are happy about that. 73% of Pinners finds Pinterest more useful because of the content from brands
- Pinterest continues to be a female-centric platform. 45% of all women online are Pinterest users—compared to only 17 percent of online men
- Besides the United States, the top three desktop users by country are Brazil, India, and Russia
- 93% of Active Pinners said they use Pinterest to Plan for purchases
- Half of Pinterest users earn $50K or higher per year
- 34% of Pinterest users have at least some college education, while another 34% have more than a college education
Instagram Marketing Statistics
Furthermore, still if even after knowing this you aren't utilizing this visual stage for your business, you're unquestionably missing a massive chunk of your audience and opportunities to connect with and convert them!
Read on for the latest and interesting Instagram statistics!
- 80% of Instagrammers follow a business on Instagram
- More than 500 million users are active daily on Instagram worldwide
- After Snapchat, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms amongst teenagers in the United States
- Instagram is dominant mostly amongst younger users below the age of 35
- Of all the Instagram users 50.4 percent users were female, and 49.6 percent of users were male
- Global spending on Instagram influencer marketing reached 5.67 billion U.S dollars in 2018
- Besides the United States, the top three Instagram users by country are India, Brazil, and Indonesia
- There are 400 million users that use Instagram stories every day
- About 80% of influencers consider Instagram as a primary way of collaborating with brands
- 60% of people claim they discover new products on Instagram
- Nearly 4.2 billion posts are liked on Instagram each day
- On Instagram 7 out of 10 hashtags are branded
- Instagram story ads increase purchase intent.
Social Content Statistics
- There are chances that 51% of people would unfollow brands on social media if they post content which is irritating
- While 27% would mark/report the brand and page as spam and block.
- 8 out of 10 marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing
- Video is the #1 content type that consumers want to see from brands on social media
- 93% of businesses gain a new customer due to a video posted on social media
- LinkedIn is the #1 platform that B2B marketers use to distribute content at 94 percent
- After LinkedIn, Twitter is famous amongst marketers - 85% of B2B marketers use Twitter to distribute content
- There is a 5.2 times increase in purchase intent when Twitter users are exposed to content from the influencers
- Above 70% of viewers use YouTube for "help with a problem" they're having in their hobby, studies, or job
- 1 billion hours of video content is watched every day on YouTube
- Over 14 million articles are pinned daily on Pinterest
- Instagram posts with location gets more engagement (79%) than posts without location ( Source is not available)
Infographic and PDF
Here's a detailed infographic on social media statistics to follow in 2019. You can also download this guide as a PDF here.
Note: The above Social Media statistics have been linked to the source and research websites, we’ll be updating this list of stats as we get new data points.
So, that’s your fill of social media statistics for now! After seeing all of these statistics, you really can’t deny the incredible marketing and selling power that social media has.
Now that you know the importance of social media, it’s time to learn how to leverage it for your business. In case you're searching for in-depth insights regarding your brand then Use connect with us for a free demo 📞 and see how Statusbrew can boost your social media strategy.
Citation Policy: Please feel free to use these statistics in any commercial or non-commercial capacity. If you use the statistics, we require a reference back to Statusbrew Blog.